Major Problem: Unresponsive in all tools

discussions on setting up 1001bit tools

Major Problem: Unresponsive in all tools

Postby crossman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Hello all, I have been using 1001bit tools on academic licences for more than 1 year on my SU v.7.0. Never had any problem before.
But since this 20 November 2010; the tool are completely unresponsive. When I click on one of the tool the window appears but something is not right as usual that the default number are completely missing; for example on Build Wall tool I tried to put number, and click on Build Wall tool, the window appear but there is no default number at the Thickness and Height as usual; and even if I tried to put the number Manually, then the Build Wall button is not working at all, as well as Cancel button, Setup Profile and Cancel Profile button. Nothing works, except the X close button on the window.

I don't why it is all suddenly happen, I remember I did put Tools on Surface.rb then I has problem, because of this I erased all plugin, and tried to install only 1001bit is still not working; then I tried reinstall SU 7 no result too; then I upgraded to SU8 still the same problem..

Is it only me? Anyway thank you in advance. I hope this could be fixed asap/// My Project deadline is approaching :cry: Why all of it happened on the deadline week....... :cry:
crossman

Re: Major Problem: Unresponsive in all tools

Postby GohCH » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:15 pm

hi crossman,
That is odd, reinstalling normally works for any situation...
can you try the fillet tool (which does not use dialog boxes) and see whether it works?
GohCH

Postby crossman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 am

Hi GohCH,
Thank you for the reply.

And yes, I tried the fillet tool, chamfer tool and all other tools that don't use dialog boxes . It's working perfectly..
I tried to reinstall again, but still the same problem exists. Do you know what can be the problem, my SU or the plugin?

Thank you again
crossman

Postby GohCH » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 pm

hi crossman,
If the fillet functions work, then your files are in the correct location.
However, somehow, your webdialog doesn't work properly.
can you send me a screenshot inside your 1001bit_pro folder,
and another inside your \1001bit_pro\dialogs folder?
I'll need to see whether your folder structure is correct.
Thanks
Goh
GohCH

Postby crossman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 am

Yup i got the capture here.

Thanks again,
crossman

Postby rdrockz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I think I know what the problem is although I do not know what the solution is. It is the same with me. I cannot even register.
The problem is if i open the web pages from the dialog boxes i get the answer, active x content and the scripts does not load automatically and requires an authentication. If i open it with int exp i get to see that"( cannot open with crome at all), but with google sketchup ithe active x content does not initilize.
I hope you get what i am trying to say and find an override to the html scripting soln.
rdrockz

Postby soyutsim » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:50 am

i have the exacly same problem. I think the problem is in the html files. Offset and grills tools are also work fine. but those wich have web pages doesnt work.. Solve this problem please.!!! :roll: i have a submisson in 1 moth and i dont wanna draw every little stairs in the project.... :geek:
soyutsim

Postby GohCH » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:53 am

hi guys,
sorry for the late reply, have been thinking about the possibilities for sometime...
Try this:

1) relocate your 1001bit folder from inside Plugins folder into C:\ root directory; i.e. it should be c:\1001bit
but leave the 1001bit_tools.rb file inside your plugins folder.

2) try also to run sketchup as adminstrator and see whether this helps.
or, whether there is anyway to set

unfortunately i cannot recreate the problem on my system, so no way to try this out. Hope this works. ;)
GohCH

Postby soyutsim » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 pm

the problem is definitely caused by activeX control. I tried everything from internet options, i tried to open html files in the dialogs folder with ie, still ask permissions to run active x, page doesn't work appropriate unless i allow the activeX content. And most probably the web pages that opens in the sketchup can't ask the permission, i mean, there is no button to allow activeX content in sketchup .This is not about 1001bit tools, all the web pages that i want to open, gives the same error, ex: cant show the content in rhino help pages, or autocad help pages,.... it's boring..... aaaaaaaaaaaa
soyutsim

Postby GohCH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Sorry soyutsim,
I'm not that familiar in this, would running SU as admistrator help? or could it be something in your firewall?
GohCH

Next

Return to Setting up issues