Help Required...!!!

discussions on setting up 1001bit tools

Help Required...!!!

Postby Gaz... » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 pm

I have a bit of an issue with the Pro tools.

In the past some time back I must have obviously installed a trial of the pro version. Despite the folder and .rb file being where it should there is now no reference in the plugin menu to activate the Pro version.

I have since downloaded the standard version, and it is displayed OK in the drop down menu with the option to Activate.

I have just downloaded another Pro trial, installed it, but still nothing at all??? No mention anywhere in SketchUp to the Pro Tools.

If I want to buy the Pro version, am I now best off activating the Standard version and then upgrading to Pro? or will I encounter the same problem?

Or is there a work around?

Thanks in advance,
Gaz...

P.S. Win7 64Bit, Sketchup 8 Pro
Gaz...

Re: Help Required...!!!

Postby GohCH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 pm

hi Gaz...
There's no need to go through the standard version.
Try this, remove your 1001bit_pro.key file from the 1001bit_pro folder.
This should get 1001bit Pro to display an activation dialog box when you start Sketchup.
cheers!
Goh
GohCH

Postby Gaz... » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello Goh,

Thanks for the info, but it hasn't worked I'm afraid.

There was no "1001bit_pro.key" file in the 1001bit_pro folder. So I downloaded another Pro Version and still no .key file in the new download?

I even removed the standard 1001bit folder just in case there was a conflict, but nothing.

The only ".key" file is in the 1001bit folder, so I copied that and renamed it 1001bit_pro.key and put it in the Pro folder. I knew this probably wouldn't work, but I was hoping this might display a message or error but it didn't.

Cheers,
Gaz...
Gaz...

Postby GohCH » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 pm

hi Gaz...
When you install 1001bit Pro, there is no .key file (meaning it is not activated).
When you start Sketchup for the first time, you should see 2 dialog boxes coming up: one asking for activation key, and a second one with links to where you can get either the trial key, activate your copy or puchase.
not_activated.jpg
not_activated.jpg (180.78 KiB) Viewed 8093 times

Do these dialog boxes show up? If they don't something is definitely not correct in the setting up.

My suggestion is to compare your folder structure with the one in the installation guide:
http://www.1001bit.com/pro/pro_setup.html

Or, you can also take some screenshots of
1) your plugins folder
2) your 1001bit_pro folder
and email to me at gohch@1001bit.com
I can try and troubleshoot your setting up.

Thanks and cheers!
Goh
GohCH

Postby Gaz... » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi Goh,

No, I do not get any dialog boxes popping up at all except for a small one for the 1001bit standard tools telling me I have 30 days. If I remove the standard folder & .rb file that dialog box obviously doesn't show.

My folder locations are all as per it should be. I even moved the folder to the root of the C: drive, but still nothing.

I will do a few screen shots and e-mail them.

Cheers,
Gaz...
Gaz...

Postby GohCH » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:34 pm

hi Gaz...
Yes, your file and folders are there.
Odd thing is 1001bit Pro doesn't show up.
please try this...
go to menu 'windows' >> 'preferences' >> 'extensions' and see whether it is there?
it should be there and should be ticked.

Goh
GohCH

Return to Setting up issues