1001 bit tools, and Working Drawings in SU/LO

General discussions, ideas... (please keep to things related to Sketchup, CAD, 1001bit, plugins etc.)

1001 bit tools, and Working Drawings in SU/LO

Postby redinhawaii » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 pm

any one utilizing the potential of 1001bit tools to create working drawings in sketchup/layout?
aloha
red
redinhawaii

Re: 1001 bit tools, and Working Drawings in SU/LO

Postby jamsog » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:12 pm

HI

just trying to create working drawings with more power in layout and dimension tools would be good
in the base application.

If Goh can see a shortcut to create working drawings using intelligent section cut fill hatches
that would be cool
jamsog

Postby GohCH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

yes Jamsog,
It'd be ideal if we can have something that generates a face along a cut section. then you can hatch the section or color it...
Not that easy though, i tried 1 year ago and failed. Maybe i'll try this again in future... :ugeek:
GohCH

Postby redinhawaii » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 am

Back at this, trying to figure out how to do working drawings in SU/LO2
Has there been any progress in this area?
Most specifically for me would be
Tables linked to the model, i.e. door and window schedules, detail notes linked to materials lists, electrical symbols libraries.
as far a modeling the rafter tool needs a bit of work, to get the rafter tail to go BELOW the plate height as it would in typical constructions,
and to be able to do a hip roof with a venting gable, is this possible.
aloha
red
redinhawaii

Postby jamsog » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Phew...

Im glad my brain is not swelling here!

yes Goh has got alot of scope in looking at many things but not sure it can all happen automatically.

Definately some tools that can be used to assist in making graphics more of a detailed form but my
big vote right now and i have been asked this several times is to be able to model your window or door
design and integrate such geometry when creating a doorway or window within a thick wall.
jamsog

Postby klog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:01 pm

redinhawaii wrote:any one utilizing the potential of 1001bit tools to create working drawings in sketchup/layout?
aloha
red

Redinhawaii
I have used layout 1 for construction docs, but layout 2 is proving better. Have you solved this issue yet. I have followed your (and others) comments in the Sketchup forums, also. I too have a few issues to solve, but have a fair set of electrical .skp files if you want and hatches (from someone else for the hatches). Even have a work-around for the dashed lines and dotted lines and "connecting dashed arcs" used for electrical diagrams. Let me know if you want ... aklagge@ida.net
Klog
klog

Postby ijoe619 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Dating is a form of human courtship consisting of social activities done by two persons with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner ...

dating
ijoe619

Return to General discussions