shortcut commands

General discussions, ideas... (please keep to things related to Sketchup, CAD, 1001bit, plugins etc.)

shortcut commands

Postby joaquim » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:48 pm

hi Gohch

I have set up my shortcut characters with +shift/ctrl/alt keys since SU only allows single character shortcuts,but i find myself second guessing what the shortcut is, due to the fact that my shortcuts are more associative with the alias command in Autocad.It would be nice if we could use multiple characters and associate the shortcut with the command.For example in Autocad I use L for line and LO for layout or MA for match and MOD for model but in SU I have L for line and shift+L for layout
or T for tape measure and shift+T for text, as apposed to T for text and TM for tape measure.

is there anyway of overcoming this, apologies i'm not very technical minded when it comes to computer language

Maybe the guys at SU can look at this for the SU8 release !!!!!!

buy the way i purchased the 1001 bit. GREAT STUFF !!!!!!! good tools for architecture.
joaquim

Re: shortcut commands

Postby GohCH » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm

hi joaquim,
Thanks for the support!!! :D
This is a question that's been bugging me for a long time.... but haven't had time to explore this. With ruby, almost anything is possible though. :ugeek:
i use shortcut keys all the time when i work on AutoCAD.
i was thinking more along the line of the inference (object snap), acad style, per for perpendicular, mid for mid point....etc.
Lets see what can be done about this ;) (can't say when though.... working very hard to get Pro version launched by 1st August!)
cheers!
Goh
GohCH

Re: shortcut commands

Postby joaquim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Goh

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

looking forward to hearing about it once you get around to it !!!

quim
joaquim

Return to General discussions