Wall tool improvements

General discussions, ideas... (please keep to things related to Sketchup, CAD, 1001bit, plugins etc.)

Wall tool improvements

Postby mra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 am

Hi the wall tool is pretty good, but I think it must have the feature that Profile Builder does and that is that it previews the wall before you comit to drawing it.

Currently, it's hard to know which side of the cursor the wall begin to draw on and I often have to repeat the drawing until I get left or right correct.

The other improvement too that the tool should stay active after completing the wall like profile builder, so I can add and subtract walls when needed.
mra

Re: Wall tool improvements

Postby GohCH » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 am

hi mra,
Thanks for the suggestion, the current wall tool should show a blue profile when you move the mouse, please see the image below;
wall-indicator.jpg
wall-indicator.jpg (24.3 KiB) Viewed 10098 times

and if custom define a wall profile, it should show it too,
wall_p.png
wall_p.png (12.94 KiB) Viewed 10098 times

Is this what you are referring to :?:

The other improvement too that the tool should stay active after completing the wall like profile builder, so I can add and subtract walls when needed.

This part needs a bit of thinking hmm.... :ugeek:
Thanks for the suggestions, i can see the advantage of what you are suggesting. Will keep this in mind in future update.
Thanks
GohCH

Re: Wall tool improvements

Postby mra » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 am

Thanks GohCH, I was using the first part of my post wrongly. It does indeed show what side the wall will start drawing on.
mra

Return to General discussions